Thursday, June 14, 2012

Sewing Creativity..

Wow, two years already since my last blog post!

So much has happened in the last two years.  Creatively, I've come along in leaps and bounds, I now knit and crochet regularly.  I still haven't gotten through all my unfinished projects, but I am actually finishing things!

I now have prolific splurts of reading, and I'm talking several books in a month, which is also a wow for me hehe.  What stops me reading constantly is that last year I started an online course for counselling, which takes up quite a bit of my reading time a week, so can only read on the off weeks.

I have also just in January this year bought an online store!
It was originally a homeschool store, that also sold sewing patterns, but I split the two product lines and now have two separate stores.   www.homeschoolheavenaustralia.com sells homeschooling curriculum etc. and www.dreamingthedetails.com sells historical and vintage sewing patterns and clothing, I also want to stock fabric, and real pashmina shawls in the future.

I did not get to start my dream wardrobe, but have been sewing alot recently, so will hopefully fulfil my wish soon.  I started making up all the patterns I stock which is a fair few, but I just wanted firstly to see how each pattern is to use, if it is easy, etc. so I am able to better advise people when they ask questions.

I started with a child's romantic era dress, pantaloons and a pinafore, they turned out well,  I just finished hand sewing and beading a ribbon onto the dress so will take photos in the daylight tomorrow and post them.  You can have a look at the run through of the making up of the dress on Dreaming the Details blog at http://dreamingthedetails.com/blog/ under 'sewing examples'

Anyway just a quick up date, will be back with photos, oh we also got us a real digital camera, so photos are now easy to take and upload, so yay!

No comments: