Saturday, January 9, 2010

Craft Markets....

...So today we went to the Glebe Markets, situated in the Glebe public school grounds.

It was very cute. Very small isles between the tent covered stalls, with a great mix of vintage clothing, books, beautiful jewelery, handmade clothing, paintings, crafts, etc. etc. and of course the necessary food stalls.

It was only a quick trip however as the rest of my family is not a fan of incense and crowds, looking at clothing, and the moaning started almost as soon as we got there lol.

I wanted to go and have a look, because I'm thinking of setting up a stall there, two goals I am wanting to achieve this year are to put actual products into my etsy store! and to have a regular stall at the markets. I have a couple of ideas on what I'll sell, but haven't started yet.

I think I will make a firm goal to get enough items to set up a stall at the beginning of March, mabey the markets are not the best idea, seeing as its the beginning of winter here, so mabey start the Etsy store then, markets in the spring?

~ooOoo~

We went to the Salvos store in Tempe, after the markets, they had a big stock of cool sheets, that I thought could be cute girl clothes, as well as a funky bordered sheet that would make the perfect beach dress for yours truely, but we just ended up with a few books and a 8mm set of knitting needles, very restrained spending. Go the budget!

~ooOoo~

After a quick rest up about and something to eat, we headed of to the beach, hoping that the heat of the day (30 deg cel!) would be gone by 4pm, it seems that everyone else and their family had the same idea!, not a tree for shade left and the carpark was packed! So in the end my hunny and the kids went to his brothers for a swim, while I came home to try and make the daughters shorts, which didn't happen :(

~ooOoo~

I ended up surfing, the internet that is, my favourite pastime at the mo!
I just love this lady's sense of style!
Fashion For Nerds

So that's it for today.

BYE

No comments: