Sunday, January 3, 2010

Day 3 Resolutions still going strong...

Well today was more crafty than bloggy, don't want to spend every day on the computer, so I am making Sundays a technology sort of free day, will try the no phone on, mabey, an hour on the computer, and some tv.

Anyway back to the crafting, finished a barbie dress today, dada:


She has the first leg warmer which is for another set of clothes. I have to iron the skirt again, mabey damp, because it keeps on turning up and you can't see the eyelet decoration along the edge.

I don't know about you, but I've never used 2mm needles before, it's like using a really long toothpick but bendier! The wool is just a cheap 4ply I picked up. This was not one of my most favourite projects, the stitches were tiny and hard to work.

However, I am bound by the bond of mother/daughter promises, done when one was feeling very creative and more energetic, to knit several clothes or sets of clothes. And her choices are not the straight skirt and scarf type! Anyway, I will be posting the pics as I finish them.

*****************************************************

And this next picture, is from Lisey's first attempt at crocheting, and I think she did a brilliant job, they are very precious. (Now we have a baby due, not mine, this year so all baby related crafts will be for said baby, save me explaining every post!!)

She chose her colours, and I had the needles at home. An 8ply in two different colours, in fact I think they are different types of wool.

I'm really glad she has started liking crochet, we did start on knitting, but I think the amount of time it takes to finish a knitted product put her off.

She made this pair of mittens today, with a practice one yesterday, so that is satisfying, to start a project and end up with the finished product all in the same day.


Thats about it for me today. We didn't do much else, just lazin' about before starting the workin week again!

Sleep Well World.

No comments: